Quote and Credit

Quote and Credit

CLICK TO ORDER OR PREVIEW JIM LINDERMAN BOOKS

Wynton and Eric. There IS a God, and He Paired two Masters


I'm not a big fan of Jazz, but I am a HUGE fan of Wynton Marsalis. As I have said before, if you ever have a chance to see him, you will be telling your grandchildren one day...he is that important. As for Clapton, I have always thought he was capable of solos even Coltrane couldn't imagine. So this pairing, recorded live, is a blessing.

I've seen Wynton in this same venue...he being pretty much the house band there. I was fortunate enough to be near the front when he played here with Dr. John. I know...sorry you weren't there.

If
I still lived in New York City, I would have been first in line for this gig too. The CD just came out.

I won't digress on the racial elements, other than to say we have a European influenced African-American Jazz man from New Orleans playing with an African (Delta) influenced white man from England. Can they make harmony? Duh.


My nomination for a Grammy. What category? MUSIC. The clip below is but a small example. Not only that, you see Clapton talk...something he rarely does without his fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment